We ask that the home be maintained and given back to us in the same condition it was given to you minus normal wear and tear.
Thank you for considering leasing one of our properties. Our goal with our contracts is to easily spell out the terms of the lease and expectations of our tenants, our services and responsibilities of our landlords. Clear is Kind which is why our addendums are in large print and address most common areas of concern. We have samples of our lease and addendums on our website so please peruse them at your leisure. We look forward to working with you!
Thank you for considering to apply for one of our properties. We offer an online web-based application process to consider all applicants. To get started, please read this page completely and then select the option to apply for the home of your choice. If you have any questions please contact us as needed.
Important: Application fees are not refundable whether approved, not selected or denied at a cost of $50 per person. Any occupants over 18 years of age will have to pass a criminal background check at a cost of $25 per person if they are not applying as a tenant. You are welcome to contact our office to see if any other applicants are being considered before applying. Selected Applicant will be required to pay a $100 Lease Administration and Coordination fee at time of lease signing.
Application and Pet Qualifications
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- All applicants 18 years of age or older must completely fill out and sign a rental application and meet our qualifying criteria.
- Each applicant, 18 years or older, agree to pay $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Each occupant, 18 years or older, and not applying as a tenant, will have to pass a criminal background check at a cost of $25 which is non-refundable.
All prospective tenants will be qualified based on the following criteria: Income/Employment, Credit, Residence and Criminal history. Some of the criteria needed to Pass is:
- Gross monthly income must be three (3) times the amount of monthly rent.
- Applicants must have a credit score of 600 or above.
- Applicants must have at least 75% positive credit.
- No more than 2 collections or charge offs.
- No past unpaid rent, eviction filings less than 4 years old or lease violations
- Rental history will be verified for all applicants. No response from the landlord will cause the application to be denied. Lease violations or unanswered questions by the landlord may be reason for denial.
These are not all of the criteria utilized for approval or denial of applicants and there is some variance for approval with additional security deposit required before denial in some situations. You may inquire with our office further if needed. All criteria are subject to change without notice.
All applications are reviewed by the owners for final approval. The owners reserve the right to accept or deny any rental application that do not meet their needs.
Applicants will be denied for the following reasons:
- Monies owed to an apartment community or landlord.
- Registered sex offenders will be automatically denied.
- Prior eviction filings within the last 4 years.
- Bankruptcy or pending bankruptcy within the last 2 years unless discharged or dismissed.
- Falsifying information on application.
Professional relationship is expected of all Parties
The relationship between an Agent, representing the Landlord, and Applicant and future Resident is a business relationship. A pleasant, business-like relationship is required from all applicants. We reserve the right to refuse a Lease to any applicants who are verbally abusive, swears, disrespectful, makes threats, has been drinking or under the influence, argumentative or displays other behavior that Management deems would not result in a positive business relationship. No agency relationship exists between Management and Resident.
WALNUT STREET RENTALS SHALL CONDUCT ALL BROKERAGE ACTIVITIES AND CONSIDER APPLICANTS WITHOUT RESPECT TO THE RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, HANDICAP OR FAMILIAL STATUS OF ANY PARTY OR PROSPECTIVE PARTY. FURTHER, REALTORS HAVE AN ETHICAL DUTY TO CONDUCT SUCH ACTIVITIES WITHOUT RESPECT TO THE SEXUAL ORIENTATION OR GENDER IDENTITY OF ANY PARTY OR PROSPECTIVE PARTY.
WE SUPPORT AND ADHERE TO EQUAL HOUSING OPPORTUNITY.
Pets are approved by the landlords. We will ask for information on each pet and present to landlord for approval. Landlord has the right to deny or approve any and all pets based on their preference and information provided.
Here are examples of our leases and addendums. Some properties may have additional terms, conditions or addendums depending on the property. For instance, there may be a Septic Addendum used as well when the house has a septic system vs. city/county sewer.